Saturday 17 November 2012

TAST Week 46 - Magic or Checkered Chain Stitch

This week's stitch from Sharon at Pin Tangle is a wonderfully fun one.  I have seen this stitch a few times and thought it would be fiendishly fiddly to do, but I was delighted to find that it was quite straightforward.

I opened a shop on Folksy a little while ago, and although I'm still in the process of setting it up (read trying to find the time to stock it!) I do need a banner/logo.  I had the idea of two B's (for Berry Bakewell) which were mirror images of each other, embroidered, with a shape that was reminiscent of a butterfly.  The magic chain, as it's a bit more interesting than the 'standard' chain, seemed like a good choice for the embroidery.  I tried a couple of different colour schemes and also a different shape and thickness for the B.  I also thought about filling one in completely, and also trying the third idea with the chain colours alternating rather than matched but haven't got around to it yet.  I think my favourite is the second one. I'm loving the combination of green against bright colours, particularly deep pinks, at the moment.  Which do you like best?






4 comments:

  1. Great idea, Lilian! I look at the pictures first and immediately thought of butterflies. Then I read the text and noticed the Bs. I like the third one best, but I would alternate the colors on alternating rows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good idea . I like the first design best, I like the way the turquoise lighten the green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty. I like the first one too, so crisp and bright. Good luck with the 'shop'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stitching is so neat and tidy; you have adjusted the lenght of the stitches in the curves. Well done.
    I'd go for the third sample as the double Bs are more obvious there.
    Good luck with your shop!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'm always thrilled to get feedback and appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.