Sunday 8 February 2015

TAST 5 - Herringbone Stitch

I've been working on this sampler for weeks! Having said that you might be expecting something spectacular, but it's only because of a lack of time and a bit of stitcher's block. I didn't just want to do a line of stitches but I couldn't for the life of me think of any other way to present the stitch.


For the top row I stitched a line of herringbone stitch then turned the work upside down and stitched the other side to give a nice laced effect. 

In the middle I used the stitch to couch down some ribbon.


At the bottom I started with a tall herringbone stitch and stitching over the top, got progressively shorter. Then I filled in the gaps with a couple of rows of herringbone stitch.

For a full list of TAST stitches head over to Pin Tangle.

1 comment:

  1. How you have made the Heringbone stitch into something very special! Your last row of stitches is a combination I have never seen, just beautiful, also in the colours you have chosen.
    I hope you will have fun with #6, Chevron stitch, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'm always thrilled to get feedback and appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.