Friday 28 September 2012

Take A Stich Tuesday (TAST) - Week 39

I've been following TAST over on Sharon B's blog Pintangle for a while, but this is the first time that I've decided to join in. Until recently my embroidery stitch knowledge consisted of chain, blanket or buttonhole, satin, running and back stitches, so this is a fun way to learn new stitches and will encourage me to create something instead of just thinking about it.

This week's stitch is Knotted Buttonhole stitch (sometimes called German Knotted Buttonhole) and my offering is a very simple mini sampler.


5 comments:

  1. Your mini sampler look so nice !!!! done it neatly. I am also new to hand embroidery ..Now I am so excited to learn more stitches from TAST.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It was nice to actually do the stitch instead of just reading about it. I think your hedgehog is so cute.

      Delete
  2. Welcome to TAST!
    It is a great way to learn new stitches and get inspiration and encouragement from people who share this love for needle and thread.
    Your sampler is impressive; I especially like the blue circle.
    Looking forward to your contribution next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very kind. Your sampler was certainly inspiring.

      Delete
  3. i love your simple beautiful embroidery and also all have special styles..warm welcome to pintangle..its very interesting to learn and share our works there..glad to know you liked my poodle..thank you lilian..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'm always thrilled to get feedback and appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.